Why Choose Us!
- Our Tours are Eco Certified by Eco Tourism Australia, we are also TQUAL approved and Planet Safe Partners, in recognition of our responsibility and commitment to making minimal impact on our sensitive rainforest environment.
- Modern vehicles which are professionally maintained, by dedicated independent mechanics. Most of our vehicles are accredited to Euro IV and Euro 5 emission compliant, and all have individual seat belts, and all are fully air-conditioned for your comfort
- Our driver / tour guides are all experienced, and the majority are professionally trained either to Certificate 4 in Guiding, Wet Tropics Australia or Eco-Tourism Australia Accredited – a regional industry first – “enhancing your view of the tropics”
- We are totally committed to the best quality tour experiences service and value for our guests. This includes the promotion of tourism in Tropical North Queensland by taking lead roles in regional industry touring associations to ensure your very best experiences whist here and on tour, and with fellow interested and likeminded travellers
- We are a local business owned and managed by dedicated professional staff. The business has been operating well in excess of 20 years, and has the experience to deal with all your Cairns, Port Douglas, Daintree and Cape Tribulation touring needs and inquiries
Tropical Horizons Tours is a local Cairns tours company and was first established in 1988 to service Cairns and Port Douglas tours and is a recognized leader in quality tours in the Cairns, Port Douglas and Cape Tribulation regions of Tropical North Queensland. The tours itineraries have been specifically designed to cater particularly for small personalised groups.
We are dedicated to making the tours an enjoyable and memorable part of your visit to our tropical paradise. We specialise in providing tours of a very high standard allowing our guests more viewing time for attractions and a providing a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
The guides have been handpicked to provide an in-depth understanding of what you will be experiencing on the tours in the tropical wonderland of Cairns and Port Douglas in Far North Queensland. In addition, the majority of our guides are either trained to Certificate 4 in Guiding, or Eco-Tourism Accredited.
There is close interaction between guides and guests and all venues visited allow ample time to explore the attractions. The guides will impart their own local knowledge, as well as the flora, the fauna, the out of the way places, the history of the early settlers to the region and importantly the Aboriginal culture that has existed for centuries and still exists today.
Tropical Horizons Tours has one of the most diverse range of touring experiences in the region, visiting most if not all of the icons of Tropical North Queensland. The places we visit, the knowledge you gain, coupled with having a fun and relaxed experience on tour with us, will provide you with many amazing memories, read moreabout us
Our tours are operated out of Cairns, the Northern Beaches, and Port Douglas. Pick up and drop off to and from these areas are provided complimentary for most of the full day tours.
Port Douglas tours guests are offered both the Daintree tours and Cape Tribulation tours experience.