Operated by Adventure North Australia
An exclusive cultural journey from coast to rainforest; experience the natural beauty of the World Heritage Rainforest and discover an ancient culture with Adventure North Australia!
Start your day being picked up from your accommodation and enjoy the scenic journey north along the coastal Captain Cook Highway. Our first stop is Cooya Beach where we will meet a member of the Kubirri Warra clan for a 2 hours coast and cultural walk. Explore the beach, mangrove and coastal reef, and learn the traditional fishing and gathering techniques of the Kuku Yalanji on their traditional hunting grounds. A short drive away is Mossman Gorge Centre; a delicious lunch infused with local flavours at the edge of the World Heritage Rainforest.
There are two tour options at Mossman Gorge that can be selected in the booking panel:
- Ngadiku Walk: Transfer into Mossman Gorge for a Traditional Smoking Ceremony. This option includes a 1.5 hour walk through private Mossman Gorge tracks with an experienced Aboriginal Guide. Learn about the Kuku Yalanji’s special relationship with this unique environment by identifying bush foods and seeing traditional plant use demonstrations making bush soaps and ochre paint.
- Rainforest Walk: This option includes a Traditional Smoking Ceremony at Mossman Gorge Centre before journeying into the Gorge itself. Wander the paths admist lush World Heritage Daintree Rainforest with your interpretive driver-guide. See the crystal clear waters of the Mossman Gorge as your meander along.
After exploring the ancient rainforest at Mossman Gorge, return to the coach with your driver-guide who will transfer you back to your accommodation after a unique day of cultural discovery.
Click here to view Tropical Horizons Tours Terms & Conditions.
- Departs Daily
- Tour may operate in reverse due to tides at Cooya Beach
- Child rate 4-14 years inclusive
- Not suitable for children under 4 years due
- Family = 2A + 2C
- Rates are GST inclusive and in Australian Dollars